PEAR-INFUSED WHIPPED CREAM
2 cups heavy cream
1 large or 2 small pears – peeled, cored, chopped fine (the more surface area is exposed, the better)
Pinch sea salt
- Combine the chopped pears, cream and a pinch of salt in a saucepan, and turn the heat to medium.
- Keep a close watch on the cream. You do not want it to reach a simmer.
- When you begin to see steam on the surface of the cream, and small bubbles begin to form along the sides of the pan (this should take about 5-8 minutes at medium heat), turn the heat off.
- Let the pears steep in the cream for 15-20 minutes.
- Then strain the cream and discard (or eat) the pears.
- Cool the cream completely in the fridge, and whip to stiff peaks.